Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I shall not want


The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the
paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the
shadow of death; I will fear no evil: for thou
art with me; thy rod and thy staff they
comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the
presence of mine enemies: thou anointest
my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all
the days of my life; and I will dwell in the
house of the Lord for ever.
Psalm 23
As I was folding clothes today I decided to listen to a Francis Chan podcast, and BAM I am hit with conviction. (shocker I know!!!) Mr. Chan so eloquently discussed how we as God's people are so wicked that we cannot even love God or love others without His ultimate power. That it is beyond our own ability to truly love others without God's help. Our hearts are so easily lead astray.  This is so very true, especially for me, I want to love God and others on my own terms. I want to have a skittles and rainbows life.  
I am consistently seeking other things to fill up my soul, as if God, the Ultimate Creator is not enough.  WE SHALL NOT WANT is what the Word says, but I so very much want.  I want for material possessions, I want for personal time, I want for people's approval etc...but I do not want for more of GOD...something has gone awfully wrong here.  The only way for this to be made right is for desperate pleas to God daily for His help.  For me to continually fix my eyes on Him who is the Author and Perfecter of my faith.  This world is full of enticements but I promise friends (as a person who has sampled many of what the world has to offer) nothing is as fulfilling as walking hand and hand with your Savior.  I would rather suffer with God by my side then have health and wealth without Him.  I am thankful that our lives are but momentary and soon all of us will be brought into glory, I pray that we will run our own races with endurance and constantly focus on our precious Savior.  

1 comment:

  1. I love you! Your honesty is refreshing, and oh so needed. This post reminds me of the truths I read in the book, The Journey of Desire, by John Eldredge. I highly recommend you reading it!

    ReplyDelete