Tuesday, September 4, 2012

jars of clay

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his live may be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us but life is at work in you." 2 Corinthians 4: 7-12

This verse has been like a church bell ringing in my soul.  I keep coming to the end of my rope and then the Holy Spirit pricks my soul with this unfailing word of God.  I am exactly like a jar of clay...I am brittle, I am broken, barely holding on..I mean I don't feel like there is enough duck tape in the world to hold me together right now...and yet little old me hold's this precious Gift inside of me..WOW! And no matter how weak I am no matter how many times I cry out to our precious Savior from the depth of my sinners soul...
He whispers softly to me...you are hard pressed but you will not be crushed...
yes you are confused but no you will not be driven to the depths of despair...
you may be persecuted but you are never alone...I am with you always...
and you will be struck down because you are a jar of clay...but oh you will rise!!!
Dear sweet Rachel, you will rise and when you do my radiance will shine through you, through the cracks of your scars, through the presence of your pain, through the depths of your brokenness...people will see My face! You will reflect Me! Oh I am going to hold tight to this Lord!

1 comment:

  1. When we hit rock bottom, we find out HE is the rock at the bottom! Praise the Lord! Yes, you are sweet, and beautiful, and lovely in His sight.

    ReplyDelete