Tuesday, July 26, 2011

He makes everything new!

Hallelujah! God really does make everything new (Rev 21:5)! I love how when I am seeking His face, He shows me not only the things that need to be eliminated from my life (previous post) but the picture of how far I have come since the day of my salvation.  I am in awe of the process of sanctification. His hands are slowly molding me into His image and quite frankly it’s pretty awesome!

For years, off and on, I have struggled with whether or not there has been a noticeable change in my life. With whether or not people could tell that I was my Father's daughter and not born of this world.  I know that for the most part it is an attack by Satan, because if he can deter my focus from God and place it on myself then my walk becomes useless.  I become so self focused that I lose my God focus.  Yesterday was most certainly a me focused day and as a result it was not a good day for me.  I blame yesterday on my emotions, which as we all know will lie to me whenever given free rain. I made the mistake of not testing my emotions with what I know the Truth to be. 

In His grace and mercy He gave me three things to pull me out of my own pit.  First, He gave me a wonderful husband who rode in like a white knight and took the physical demands of the household off of my shoulders. He cooked dinner, cleaned house, and kept children! Second, He gave me a faithful friend who was willing to talk me out of my sweats and into a hard four mile run with her (although, the four miles might not have been her idea!). Third, He gave me a clear indication I was not my old self, that I was a new creation and it was obvious to the outside world.  This indication came in the form of a face book post. A high school friend posted something like this on face book (note I have changed names, because I do not want to embarrass anyone and because I know they had no ill intentions, I still love you friends):

"Becky and I discussing a former friend who is now a crazy Christian:
Me: God, didn't she wanna be a doctor? I wonder if she still believes in evolution.
Dina: I'm sure if you even showed her a picture of a monkey now she would throw up."


At first glance one might be offended or angry, but not me. I was thankful, this was the conformation I needed and I needed it yesterday more then ever.  How amazingly perfect God's timing is.  He uses EVERYTHING for His good. Now I'm not implying that yesterday He stopped the world and focused on me, but He did make sure that His child knew that she was loved, treasured and most of all changed!  God shows up everyday for His children, sometimes it’s obvious, most times though it’s in the small stuff.  We all just need to be willing to take the focus off of ourselves and look for God in everything, even face book posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment