Monday, March 21, 2011

"Others"

So as I was mowing our yard today God brought up some words that a dear friend had said to me "they are just people."  In context she was reminding me to not be so critical of others.  You see I tend to hold "others" to a standard only Jesus Himself could meet.  So if you aren't healing the lame, multipling fish, or casting out deamons there is a good chance I have judged you. Let me just go a head and apologize for that.

My attitude towards "others"is something I don't like to deal with. It's a continuous struggle that keeps rearing its ugly head. I want so badly to paint a picture of Christ's unfailing love and mercy unfortnatly, I tend to us a brush dipped in judgement and a canvas covered in condemnation.

God has used my friends words not to condemn me but to refine me. To mold me into a person who freely doles grace, forgiveness and mercy out.  Also though to remind me that I am a new creation in His eyes and I no longer have to live this life as the world lives it. 

5 comments:

  1. First of all, you write beautifully and I love how you've expressed yourself!

    Secondly, and way more importantly, you've blessed me and challenged me. I struggle (way more than I'd like!) to love people without condition. I have hard and high standards for myself, which I often fail at meeting. I need to learn that even though I have those standards for myself, the ONLY standard I am allowed to hold against another is LOVE. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa! You are such a beutiful example of Jesus and His love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't tell me you started a blog! Great first post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you casey!! I think of you often

    ReplyDelete