Friday, March 25, 2011

2 Corinthians 12:10

That is why for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. - 2 Corinthians 12:10

This verse has been popping up everywhere today, and I mean everywhere.  I get in the car to go to Wally World and there it is on the radio, a dear friend mentions it, then I head to a birthday party and again it's on the radio. So I figure God is trying to speak to me (I may be dense!).  I come home and open my Bible and pray that God will help me understand what He wants me to learn...and boy does He show up!

The question God put on my heart was this: What do you delight in? WOW! Way to wake me up Lord. I don't delight in what you want me to, because according to Your Word I need to be delighting in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, AND in difficulties!  Honestly, that is completely opposite of what I want to delight in.  I want to delight in my successes, my ego and every once in a while a chocolate cake (just being honest).

He proceeds to go over the past couple weeks of when I have been weak, insulted by others,and walked through difficult circumstances.  He shows me the opportunities He has given me to delight in and missed out.  Then in His awesome grace He whispers softly the real reason He wants me to delight in these situations: Rachel, I love you and I want you to experience my strength.  I want you to know what true strength looks like. Holy smokes! You, the God of the universe, love me enough to want me to change my attitude toward these situations for my own good ultimately so that you may be made known through me to others. Now that is one AWESOME GOD!

Do you know Him? Do you have an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ, King of Kings and Lord of Lords?  If you have not accepted Christ as your savior and would like to please consider so today. If you would like to receive the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ you can tell God in prayer: For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved (Romans 10:10, 13)
If you want to receive this gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ, then pray to Him asking Him for this gift right now.
Here is a suggested prayer:
”Jesus Christ, I know that I am sinful and do not deserve eternal life. I believe that You died and rose from the grave to purchase a place in Heaven for me. Lord, come into my heart. Take control of my life. Forgive my sins. I confess them and now place my trust in You for salvation. I accept your free gift of eternal life, and thank You for it.”

2 comments: